OptaPro is recruiting a consultant to focus on managing current relationships with leagues, governing bodies and clubs in North and South America.
– Job Title: OptaPro Soccer Consultant (US 0517)
– Reports to: Head of OptaPro
– Location: New York, USA
– Hours of Work: 40 hours p/week
A breakdown of the role
– Support the delivery of OptaPro’s global strategy with a particular focus on North & South America
– Support the development of OptaPro’s ability to support professional football club processes in scouting, performance analysis and strategic planning through applied data analytics
– Responsible for managing and developing relationships with current clients in North and South American markets
– Identify new business opportunities for OptaPro in these markets and support the local teams in devising long term growth strategies
– Design and deliver consultancy projects with clubs and governing bodies
– Present OptaPro’s data and platforms to key clubs and governing bodies through applied presentations and workshops
– A key stakeholder in the development of Opta’s analytics programme supporting the development of data frameworks, models and metrics
– Present case studies and projects at OptaPro global events and other industry conferences
– Support in developing football content for OptaPro assets including blogs and podcasts
Do you have these essentials?
– 5+ years’ experience of working in a professional club in performance or scouting departments
– Strong understanding of Opta data including data collection and feeds
– Experience using OptaPro platforms including the ISF and ProVision
– Understanding of advanced data analytics work in football
– Understanding of applied data use in professional sports including tactical application
– Understanding of coaching processes
– Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
– Flexibility in working processes
– Hold a valid driver’s license
It would be great if you had these desirables too
– Language skills outside of English
– Hold UEFA or equivalent football coaching badges
– Experience using Sequel Pro
Some information on OptaPro
OptaPro is responsible for the delivery of services directly to professional sports teams around the world. OptaPro is at the cutting edge of performance analytics providing teams in football (soccer), rugby and cricket with the tools to analyse matches, assess squad performance and design data-led recruitment strategies using bespoke platforms.
Working with over 350 teams around the world, OptaPro staff are specifically trained and experienced to deal directly with coaches and recruitment teams to understand the specific needs of professional sports team’s performance processes.
The successful candidate will support the delivery of OptaPro’s global football strategy with a particular focus on managing current relationships with leagues, governing bodies and clubs in North & South America. This includes working with these clients to support the development of their data management, scouting & recruitment and analytics processes.
The successful candidate must have a strong knowledge of Opta data and have experience in applied analytics in professional football and coaching.
Perform is the complete sports content provider. With over 1500 employees in 30+ global territories, we work with our partners and customers to change the way people experience sport around the world.
We create, collect and distribute cutting-edge sports data via Opta, performance data and tools to drive on-pitch success through OptaPro, sports news and content through Omnisport, and high-quality betting content through Perform Betting, all of which are underpinned by our globally trusted integrity operation.
By delivering more content, quicker, more accurately and in more detail than anyone else, we allow our customers to create experiences that engage fans and drive revenues.
15 days’ annual leave (increasing by 5 days after 3 years, and another 5 days after 8 years); 10 annual sick days per year. Private medical insurance, life and personal accident insurance, commuter benefits, Advantage perks