Ahead of the 2019 County Championship and One-Day Cup, OptaPro has produced a season preview based on performance insights from the 2018 campaign.
The preview uses bespoke metrics derived from ball-by-ball data collected from every match across both competitions to deliver batting and bowling insights, at both team and player level, which can potentially inform a team’s strategies during 2019.
Findings published in the preview include:
– Essex’s batsmen recorded the highest average in Division 1 against spin: 42.4.
– Despite being dismissed 10 times during the first 20 balls of an innings, James Hildreth scored 16.2% of all Somerset’s runs.
– Surrey’s bowlers boasted the best economy rate against an opposition’s first four batsmen during the first innings: 2.8
– Sussex seamer Ollie Robinson created 579 wicket chances during the season.
– Hampshire and Somerset were the only teams to have a strike rate of over 100 against seam and spin.
– Heino Kuhn scored 422 runs in winning chases on Kent’s run to the final.
– Sussex’s bowlers were the most effective bowling unit at the death, ranking first for Economy (5.7), Dot Ball % (40.7) and Balls per Boundary (13.5).
You can read the full season preview here.
If you have any questions relating to our findings, please get in touch with us on email@example.com.